Maureen Clemmons used Egypt’s historical clues to form the theory that pyramids were built using kites. To help test it, a team from Caltech raised a 15-foot, 6,900 lb. obelisk using only a kite, pulley system, and support frame. It only took 25 seconds to lift it. Source
You need these in your life. Right now.
How else are you going to scare all the other campers into thinking that there are bears around?
"Howling at the Moon" is great and all … but sometimes it has a downside.
awkward how reassuring i find this
well ya duh society shames speech patterns associated with young women
"Speech fillers" are just a human’s way of saying "wait a sec I’m thinking". It means we think more before we speak, always trying to find the right way to say it. Every language has them. And people shouldn’t be annoyed by it, ever.
Out of every pun and play on words I’ve seen on this site, this is the one that makes me so unreasonably angry.
If you loved:
Maybe you should try one of these!
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Matched by Ally Condie
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Feed by M. T. Anderson
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Gone by Michael Grant
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- The City of Ember by Jeannie DuPrau
- For the Win by Cory Doctorow
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Heir Apparent by Vivan Vande Velde
- V for Vendetta by Alan Moore
- Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama
- X-Men: Days of Future Past by Chris Claremont and John Byrne
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Magaret Atwood
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Why is this not taught universally.
Sad that we have to teach that. Sigh.In terms of self defense, the fingers are individually more vulnerable than the hand. If someone grabs you or is choking you, it is much easier to grab a finger than to pull their hand off, especially the pinkie or ring finger. And typically speaking, break a finger or two, they will likely pull their hand away and give you a moment to strike again.